Election Notice:  ID requirements for voting in person  |  ID requirements for voting by mail  |  Election Night Returns

Frequently Asked Questions for Form Series 3100 - Membership Camping Resorts

The answers to our Frequently Asked Questions are provided for informational purposes and are not intended to provide legal advice or to substitute for the advice of an attorney. If you have specific legal questions, consult your attorney.

1. How do I register as a membership camping operator?

A person registers as a membership camping operator by filing with the Secretary of State a membership camping registration application, and paying the required filing fee. A registration application must be filed for each resort that the operator intends to sell membership camping interests.

2. What is the filing fee for a membership camping resort operator?

Currently, the filing fee for a membership camping resort operator is $250.

3. Do I have to register if I sell interests in a membership camping resorts?

The two following types of persons must register with the Secretary of State in order to sell a membership camping interest, membership camping right, or membership camping contract:

(1) A "seller", including a membership camping operator, who in the ordinary course of business offers a membership interest or membership right for sale to the public. It does not include a person who acquires a membership interest or right for his or her own use and subsequently offers it for resale.

(2) A "membership camping contract broker" who resells a membership camping contract to a new purchaser on behalf of the former purchaser. This term does not include a membership camping operator or that person's agent.

Both of the two types of persons register by filing a registration form, available from the Registrations Unit, and paying a filing fee. Currently, the filing fee is $50.00.

4. Is there a bond requirement?

There is no requirement, at this time, to file a bond with a registration as a membership camping resort operator or as a membership camping seller or broker.