To be eligible to register in Texas, you must:
- be a U.S. citizen;
- be a resident of the county;
- be 18 years old (you may register at 17 years and 10 months);
- not a convicted felon (unless a person's sentence is completed, including any probation or parole)
- not declared mentally incapacitated by a court of law
For more information, please read the Voter Registration in Texas pamphlet.
Am I Registered to Vote?
Can't remember if you've registered in the past? Please feel free to use our Texas Voter Information Website that not only confirms whether you are registered or not, but will even allow you to search for your polling place location prior to an election. The service is easy to use. All you need is a Texas Driver's license to get started. If you know that you have not registered to vote then please use the Informal Online Application service which is displayed to the right.
Informal Online Application
You may fill out a voter registration application online, print it and mail it to the voter registrar in your county of residence. You are not registered until you have filled out the online application, printed it, and mailed it to your local County Voter Registrar. The County Voter Registrar's address can be found at the top of the online outputted voter registration application once you have submitted your information from the fill-in-the blanks screen.
Other Voter Registration Application Methods
- You may request a postage-paid application from your voter registrar, so that a voter registration application can be mailed to you. You must mail the voter registration application to the voter registrar in your county of residence. Voter registration applications are also available at many post offices, libraries, Texas Department of Public Safety offices, and Texas Health and Human Services Commission offices throughout the state.
- For Harris County Residents Only Voter Registration Application - Vietnamese (PDF) Must be mailed in a stamped envelope
- For Harris County Residents Only Voter Registration Application - Chinese (PDF) Must be mailed in a stamped envelope
- Request an Application for a Ballot by Mail