- Acceptable Forms of Identification (PDF)
- Template Press Release (English) (Spanish)
- Notice of Acceptable Identification Poster (English)
8.5x14 | 11x17 | 24x36
- Notice of Acceptable Identification Poster (Spanish)
8.5x14 | 11x17 | 24x36
- Forms – Voter Registration
- Seminar Presentations
From upcoming election information to registering to vote, VoteTexas.gov makes sure you count.
August 2, 2016 House District Special Elections
- House District 120: Proclamation (PDF)
- Press Release: Voters in HD120 special runoff election have additional ID options
Election and Candidate Information
- New November 8, 2016 Election Law Calendar
- May 7, 2016 Election Law Calendar
- March 1, 2016 Election Law Calendar
- Important 2016 Election Dates
- Poll Watcher’s Guide 2015 (PDF)
- Notice Primary Finance
- New 2016 Primary Election Canvass Application
- 2016 Primary Election Candidate Filing Data Entry
- 2016 Primary Election Candidate Listing
- 2016 County and Precinct Chair Candidate Filing Data Entry
- 2016 County and Precinct Chair Candidate Listing
The Secretary of State is the chief election officer for the State of Texas. The Secretary of State’s Elections Division provides assistance and advice to election officials on the proper conduct of elections. This includes hosting seminars and elections schools, providing calendars, ballot certification, primary election funding, and legal interpretations of election laws to election officials. We also provide assistance to the general public on voter registration and other election issues through our 1-800 toll-free number, 1-800-252-VOTE (8683), and via the Internet.
The Elections Division administers and maintains the Texas Election Administration Management (TEAM) System, which is an online, HAVA compliant, voter registration application designed for county officials to maintain accurate and efficient voter registration rolls. Currently, over 200 counties utilize the TEAM application to maintain their daily voter registration requirements. The remaining counties comply with current state and HAVA requirements by updating the state database on a daily basis through a file transfer.
Note: Free software such as Adobe® Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher may be required in order to view PDF files included on this page.