PART 1. TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING AND COMMUNITY AFFAIRS
CHAPTER 24. TEXAS BOOTSTRAP LOAN PROGRAM RULE
10 TAC §§24.1, 24.2, 24.10
The Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (the Department) adopts amendments to 10 TAC Chapter 24, §§24.1, 24.2 and 24.10 without changes to the proposed text as published in the July 21, 2023, issue of the Texas Register (48 TexReg 3967). The rule will not be republished. The rule amendments update the income limits for the Texas Bootstrap Loan Program to conform to updated statutory requirements arising from H.B. 1472 passed during the 88th regular legislative session and signed into law by Governor Abbott on June 6, 2023.
FISCAL NOTE. Mr. Bobby Wilkinson, Executive Director, has determined that, for each year of the first five years the amendment to the rule is in effect, enforcing or administering the amendment does not have any foreseeable implications related to costs or revenues of the state or local governments.
GOVERNMENT GROWTH IMPACT STATEMENT. Mr. Wilkinson also has determined that, for the first five years the amendment would be in effect:
1. The adopted amendment to the rule will not create or eliminate a government program;
2. The adopted amendment to the rule will not require a change in the number of employees of the Department;
3. The adopted amendment to the rule will not require additional future legislative appropriations;
4. The adopted amendment to the rule will result in neither an increase nor a decrease in fees paid to the Department;
5. The adopted amendment to the rule will not create a new regulation;
6. The adopted amendment to the rule will not repeal an existing regulation;
7. The adopted amendment to the rule will not increase or decrease the number of individuals subject to the rule's applicability; and
8. The adopted amendment to the rule will neither positively nor negatively affect this state's economy.
PUBLIC BENEFIT/COST NOTE. Mr. Wilkinson also has determined that, for each year of the first five years the amendment to the rule is in effect, the public benefit anticipated as a result of the action will be conformance to statutory requirements. There will not be any economic cost to any individual required to comply with the amendment.
ADVERSE IMPACT ON SMALL OR MICRO-BUSINESSES OR RURAL COMMUNITIES. The Department has determined that there will be no economic effect on small or micro-businesses or rural communities.
SUMMARY OF PUBLIC COMMENT. Public comment was accepted from July 14, 2023, to August 18, 2023. No comment was received.
STATUTORY AUTHORITY. The adopted amendment is made pursuant to Tex. Gov't Code §2306.053, which authorizes the Department to adopt rules. Except as described herein the proposed amendment affects no other code, article, or statute.
The agency certifies that legal counsel has reviewed the adoption and found it to be a valid exercise of the agency's legal authority.
Filed with the Office of the Secretary of State on September 11, 2023.
Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs
Effective date: October 1, 2023
Proposal publication date: July 21, 2023
For further information, please call: (512) 475-3959