Texas Animal Health Commission
Rule Review Plan
Pursuant to House Bill 1, the Appropriations Act, Article IX, §167, the Texas Animal Health Commission has undertaken a comprehensive review of its rules. As required by §167, the Commission presents the following plan for review and assessment of each rule adopted by this agency pursuant to Chapter 2001, Government Code.
1. The Commission will assess:
- Chapters with sections adopted over 4 years prior to 9/1/97;
- Chapters with sections adopted 3-4 years prior to 9/1/97;
- Chapters with sections adopted 2-3 years prior to 9/1/97;
- Chapters with sections adopted 1-2 years prior to 9/1/97;
- Chapters with sections adopted less than 1 year prior to 9/1/97.
The assessment will be completed no later than August 31, 2001. This schedule will be followed unless a priority develops or there is necessity to reassess a section to facilitate more effective operation of the agency.
2. The Texas Administrative Code citation for each rule section to be reviewed shall be published in the Texas Register. The text of the current rule will not be published. All sections will be considered pursuant to the rulemaking requirements in Chapter 2001, Government Code.
3. The schedule of this review shall be on a continual basis, rotating every four years. The continuing schedule will consider the adoptions of the preceding four years, but will not be limited to the adoptions in this time frame.
Comments or questions should be directed to Gene Snelson, General Counsel, P.O. Box 12966, Austin, Texas, 78711-2966, (512) 719-0722, firstname.lastname@example.org.