Pursuant to H.B. 1, Article IX, Section 167, the Texas Savings and Loan Department ("Department") will be undertaking a comprehensive review of its substantive and procedural rules which became final prior to September 1, 1997.
1. The Texas Administrative Code ("TAC") citation to each rule section to be reviewed shall be published in the section of the Texas Register devoted to Section 167 agency rule review. The text of the rule will not be published.
2. The Department will accept comments within 20 days of publication of the TAC citation in the Texas Register, concerning the Section 167 requirement as to whether the reason for adopting or readopting the rule continues to exist.
3. Following the 20-day comment period, if no changes are proposed by the Department to the rule section, the rule section will be placed on an open meeting agenda for discussion and consideration of readoption without changes.
4. If, as a result of the comments or Department initiative, there are proposed changes to the rule section, it will go through the amendment process and will be readopted pursuant to all rulemaking requirements in Chapter 2001, Government Code.
5. All rules adopted prior to September 1, 1997, will be reviewed, in accordance with the requirements of Section 167, on the following schedule:
A. 7 TAC Chapter 75 -- September 1998 - August 1999
B. 7 TAC Chapter 77 -- September 1999 - February 2000
C. 7 TAC Chapter 79 -- March - August 2000
D. 7 TAC Chapters 51, 53, 57, and 59 -- January - March 2001
E. 7 TAC Chapters 61, 63, and 64 -- March - June 2001
F. 7 TAC Chapters 65, 67, 69, 71, and 73 -- June - August 2001
6. All comments and/or questions should be directed to James L. Pledger, Commissioner, Texas Savings and Loan Department, 2601 N. Lamar, Suite 201, Austin, Texas 78705, (512) 475-1350, or E-mail to TSLD@mail.capnet.state.tx.us.