The Texas State Library and Archives Commission submits the following plan to the Texas Register, Governor, and Legislative Budget Board for review of its rules in accordance with House Bill 1, 75th Legislature, Regular Session, 1997, Article IX, Sec. 167.
The commission will conduct a review of its rules in Title 13, Cultural Resources Part I of the Texas Administrative Code in following order by chapters. However the commission may review a chapter as part of its routine rulemaking before its scheduled review date if it is necessary to propose amendments to a chapter. The timeline for review of each chapter is as follows:
1) September 1998 - February 1999: Chapter 5 County Library Certification;
2) March 1999 - August 1999: Chapter 9 Program for Blind and Physically Handicapped;
3) September 1999 - February 2000: Chapter 2 General Policies and Procedures and Chapter 7 Local Records; and
4) March 2000 - August 2000: Chapter 1 Library Development and Chapter 4 School Library Programs;
5) September 2000 - March 2001: Chapter 6 State Records and Chapter 3 State Publications Depository Program
6) March 2001 - August 2001: Chapter 8 TexShare Library Consortium
Comments and questions may be directed to Raymond Hitt, Assistant State Librarian, Texas State Library and Archives Commission, P.O. Box 12927, Austin, Texas 78711.