1. How do I register as a membership camping operator?
A person registers as a membership camping operator by filing with the Secretary of State a membership camping registration application, and paying the required filing fee. A registration application must be filed for each resort that the operator intends to sell membership camping interests.
2. What is the filing fee for a membership camping resort operator?
Currently, the filing fee for a membership camping resort operator is $250.
3. Do I have to register if I sell interests in a membership camping resorts?
The two following types of persons must register with the Secretary of State in order to sell a membership camping interest, membership camping right, or membership camping contract:
(1) A "seller", including a membership camping operator, who in the ordinary course of business offers a membership interest or membership right for sale to the public. It does not include a person who acquires a membership interest or right for his or her own use and subsequently offers it for resale.
(2) A "membership camping contract broker" who resells a membership camping contract to a new purchaser on behalf of the former purchaser. This term does not include a membership camping operator or that person's agent.
Both of the two types of persons register by filing a registration form, available from the Registrations Unit, and paying a filing fee. Currently, the filing fee is $50.00.
4. Is there a bond requirement?
There is no requirement, at this time, to file a bond with a registration as a membership camping resort operator or as a membership camping seller or broker.