Published by the Elections Division of the Secretary of State's office
SECRETARY OF STATE
P.O. Box 12060
Austin, Texas 78711-2060
512.463.5650 or 1.800.252.VOTE (8683)
Fax 512.475.2811, TTY 7.1.1
- Print your ballot (if it was emailed to you), mark your ballot, review your ballot.
- Place your ballot in the secrecy envelope (optional) and then place it in the carrier envelope.
- Seal and SIGN the carrier envelope.
Note:If you received your balloting materials by email please refer to the “MOVE Act Email Ballot Instructions,” attached to the email for further information on the carrier envelope or the use of a signature sheet.
- Address carrier envelope to early voting clerk for your home Texas county (you may visit this website to check the mailing address of your early voting clerk).
- Provide return address in upper left hand corner of carrier envelope.
- Affix sufficient postage, if necessary. Note that the carrier envelope is “postage-free” if mailed within the U.S. postal system, including APO and FPO addresses and U.S. Embassies and Consulates for use by absentee voters covered under the UOCAVA.
- Return your ballot by mail or by common or contract carrier (like Federal Express, UPS, DHL, etc.) in sufficient time to be received by the appropriate deadline:
- Ballots from overseas must be postmarked by Election Day and received by the early voting clerk by the fifth day after election day (or the next business day after this deadline if the fifth day falls on a weekend or legal holiday)
- Ballots from within the United Sates must be received by the appropriate early voting clerk by 7:00 pm on Election Day.
The only exception to returning your ballot by mail is if you are in a hostile fire/combat pay zone. If that is the case, you can fax your ballot, via FVAP.gov or directly to your home Texas county. See Advisory 2016-18 for more information. The deadline for receipt of the fax is 7:00 pm on Election Day. Marked ballots may not be returned by e-mail under Texas law.
- Track your ballot using the “FPCA Ballot Tracker” website at https://webservices.sos.state.tx.us/FPCA/index.aspx.
THANK YOU FOR VOTING!