The Secretary of State OnLine Access (SOSDirect) web access system provides subscribers with up-to-date, on-line computer access to a variety of information maintained by the Office of the Secretary of State.
SOSDirect provides the following:
- The SOS UCC System is compliant with Revised Article 9 (RA9).
- Electronic filing of UCC documents for as low as $5.00 per document and for electronic filing of business organizations for fees set by statute. Certificates of formation, applications for registrations, name reservations; changes to registered agents/offices and assumed name certificates can be filed online. Dissolutions, terminations and withdrawals for corporations and limited liability companies; cancellation of certificates or registrations of limited partnership; registration of Texas LLPs and withdrawals of foreign LLPs also may be filed electronically. Applications for reinstatement following tax forfeiture and amendments to change the name of business and professional corporations may be filed through SOSDirect. In addition, annual statements, limited partnership and nonprofit corporation reports may be filed using SOSDirect.
- Turntime for web filings is generally within 2 business days following date of receipt.
- Enhanced search capabilities for business organizations including searching by entity name, name of person listed as a registered agent, officer or director of a corporation.
- Expands records available online and includes records filed with the SOS relating to:
- Limited Partnerships
- Limited Liability Companies
- Assumed Names
- Limited Liability Partnerships
- Foreign and State Financial Institutions
- Uniform Unincorporated Nonprofit Associations
- Probate Code filings by Foreign Corporate Fiduciaries
- UCC Financing Statements
- Federal Liens
- Allow users to order copies and certificates relating to business and UCC records over the Internet.
- Allow users to view copies (when images are available) of filed documents over the Internet, print copies of those documents on computers in their office, and generate certificates relating to those documents in their office.
- Bulk Order information pertaining to Business Organizations data files or UCC data files and images is provided in Help/Fees.
All of these features are available 24/7.
Furthermore, we now offer a new low price of only $1.00 per search.
For more information about SOSDirect please call or contact the following:
|Corporations:||(512) 475-2755 or e-mail SOSDirect@sos.texas.gov|
|Reports Unit (annual statements and periodic reports):||(512) 475-2705 or e-mail ReportsUnit@sos.texas.gov|
|UCC:||(512) 475-2703 or e-mail UCC_Assist@sos.state.tx.us|
|Refunds:||Notice regarding refunds|
To establish an account, please click on the icon below. The fees associated with the SOSDirect account are the fees for documents filed, for copies and certificates ordered, and inquiries submitted. There are no monthly subscription fees.